Friday, September 20, 2013

Quick PomPom Bulletin Board Makeover



I am making my kids a new art area, having finally decided to eliminate the dress up loft that gets heavy use only around once a week. So I do not want to buy any new stuff for their area but would like for it to look cheerful and creative. I found an old bulletin board and a bag of pompoms from Joann Fabric and decided to jazz it up a bit.



First, I strung lots of pompoms onto embroidery floss, using a wide needle. 
.

Then I decided to dress up the cork by covering it with maps. I happen to have a ton of old maps so they are my go-to decoupage material but you may want to use some pretty gift wrap or craft paper or even fabric. I used matte Mod Podge to glue on the maps and a roller to iron out the wrinkles.

Now I attached the pompoms to the frame of the bulletin board. I had some glue dots that I used. I am not sure how well they will hold up but I was curious to find out if I can actually get them to work for a project. I bought a 6 pack of glue dots at Costco last year and still fail to see why they never work for me. So we will see if they stay. If they fall off I think any kind of craft glue would work.

Finally, we hung up some favorite photos and souvenirs. 


No comments:

Post a Comment